Is An Aggressive Divorce Lawyer the Best Option?
Some family law clients use the word aggressive when they are looking to describe what they believe to be the ideal lawyer. What does the word aggressive mean when it used for describing lawyers? It means the lawyers that are zealous, forceful, and passionate about the case they are fighting.
Aggressiveness in a divorce and family lawyer is not a bad quality. But aggressiveness without temperament and intelligence is not only bad for your case but also expensive for you.
When we talk about aggressive lawyers, there are two types of lawyers in that fit into the category:
The first one in this category and one that you should stay away from when you are looking to hire the best lawyer for your case are the overzealous ones. As you go through lawyers trying to find the best one by having discussions with each, the wrong kind of aggressive lawyers will speak to you about the following things on your visit:
- Going into litigation and court intervention at all costs. They will diffuse any talks of settlement discussions urging you to fight it out with your spouse, thereby increasing your legal fees.
- Using delaying tactics and litigation proceedings to raise the overall costs of your spouse, hoping to strain them into submitting their rights.
- Urging you to make false accusations of domestic abuse, drug abuse and violence against the child to gain advantage in the case.
Lawyers that try and lure you using these tactics might be aggressive in their approach to the case, but are far from being the best.
The best aggressive, reputable Orange County divorce lawyers will handle your case in a completely different way. Here are examples of how they’ll handle your case.
- Top lawyers will make sure that the case is fought once the information relating to the case is clear. They will talk to you at length and go over all of your facts and evidences, using their aggressiveness to guard against assumptions. A good lawyer will make sure they know all the minute details before going into litigation.
- Divorce lawyers are expected to act responsibly not overcharging their clients for aspects that could easily have been settled. Good Orange County divorce lawyers will aggressively advice you to settle with the other spouse on issues that are easily settled. Fighting over petty issues can both waste the time of the lawyers and drive up your legal costs.
- The difference between best divorce lawyers and average ones is that the best lawyers know the art of being aggressive yet polite. You cannot yell at a judge and expect to win a divorce case. Good ones will aggressive with their reasoning and not with their level of their voice.
Have you ever considered whether or not where you live may make it more likely that you will experience divorce? What about your occupation? What about…all the other little bits…
In case you and your spouse can come to an amicable settlement on all issues minus the litigation, your divorce invariably become less costly and easier. However, if that cannot…