Financial Tips for Divorced Women
Are you a divorced woman and are a bit overwhelmed by the amount if bills appear to simply pile up? If that is so, you definitely need some kind of financial guidance. After your divorce, your standard of living changes. So, finding a proper financial assistance, paying bills and organizing are some of the prime tasks you need to embark upon.
Why divorced women need financial help?
According to an estimate, about 40 percent of divorced women have a new standard of living after their divorce comes through. Though in many cases the alimony provided by an ex-spouse could pay for the items they are used to, that still may not be adequate to provide all the luxuries they were used to while being married. Moreover, the alimony they get after the divorce may not be adequate to take care of all the bills.
Moreover, the condition is even worse for some divorced women who do not even know how to pay their bills since they did not do these tasks while married. So, they are at a loss where and how to start from as far as the question of paying the bills and organizing their financial things pop up. In such scenarios, these women require some handy tips for paying their bills so that they are on a right track.
Tips for divorced women to pay their bills
- Collect all the bills that you have received in one place for each month.
- Now separate these bills on the basis of their due dates or depending on the frequency of their payment, For instance, if you have to pay twice a month for some bills, you can make two different piles. One pile to be paid at the month’s beginning and the second pile to be paid at the end of the month.
- Creating a monthly budget is very important so that you know how much monthly income is left with you after making the bill payments. This will also help you to make timely payment for your credit cards. So, paying the bills should be the first priority. You can then use the remaining money for the rest of the expenses.
- Put all the checks for your bills in separate bill payments to be prepared for the month. In case you make your bill payments through banks, set up your payment in advance to avoid last moment tension.
- After you get paid, mail your first lot of bill envelopes that are due for the month’s first half. You can repeat the same procedure when you receive your second paycheck.
Getting divorced in California can be complicated. Download our free eBook, 18 Important Things to Know About California Divorce to educate yourself on the process.
There are few divorce cases which are pretty straightforward and the terms and conditions of the divorce are quite easy to understand. However, there are some divorces which are as…
Many marriage experts would recommend you to continue your low-conflict marriage instead of getting a divorce. There are some for whom divorce is an essential procedure. However, there are many…