OCCourts.org – A Guide to Your Orange County Divorce Case Online
Once an Orange County divorce case has been filed and you have case number, the parties and their attorneys can access their case online. Www.occourts.org is the website you can go to for information on your case. This website highlights your case information such as status of your case in the court, anything and everything that has been filed in your Orange County divorce case, a detailed list of all the hearings that have happened and the parties and attorneys in the case. It will also highlight the date set for the next hearing.
Interesting Facts about the Website
- While the document list is there for you to view, you cannot view the original document. For that a trip to the court is necessary or you can order any documents from the case online and pay the processing fee by credit card.
- Mistakes can sometimes happen and if you think there has been a mistake make sure you call up your Orange County divorce lawyer to confirm.
- The website, despite being updated regularly, is not always up-to-the-minute accurate. There is often a delay in between receiving, scanning and getting the information posted online.
A Few Key Features
- The case can be searched on the website using the name of case or its number. A name search will also require to enter a code to notify the system that not a computer spammer.
- The initial screen of the case will highlight you the status of the case, the date of filing and the number of the case.
- There are a number of different tabs on this screen and one that says “Register of Actions” tab will be the one that gives you a lowdown on what has been filed in your case up until this point. Whatever you may feel you miss here can be gotten by you through the family law clerk’s office.
- Another section known as the participants will tell you the people involved in fighting the case. This will usually lay down you, your spouse and your lawyers.
- There is also the hearings section to keep you updated on the dates that you need to be present in court on and the dates that have already gone by.
- If you are interested in any document filed in your Orange County divorce case, the use of the shopping cart section will allow you to order it home. Of course the document you get will be a copy. The turnaround time is typically 3-5 days.
Getting divorced in California can be complicated. Download our free eBook, 18 Important Things to Know About California Divorce to educate yourself on the process.
As soon as the divorce proceedings start, it has been observed that many people try their best to hold back what according to them is their own property or money….